AP Testing - Students in AP classes will no doubt hear more from their AP teachers about AP exams. The College Board is currently in the process of amending their tests as we speak. Generally speaking there are several key developments with AP classes:
- They will only be tested on material learned through early March.
- They will be tested online in 45 minute sessions per subject (no multiple choice).
- They will have the opportunity to take the test online at home. We will provide more information about that once it becomes available.
- Each subject area will have two test dates for students to choose from. Again, we will provide more information about that once it becomes available.
As we wait to hear more specifics from the College Board about all of this, we highly encourage AP students to check out the link below:
ASVAB testing - This opportunity for Juniors has been rescheduled for this fall. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
MCAS - The state has postponed 10th grade MCAS and will be communicating with schools in the coming days about further plans for the MCAS.
SAT Testing - The May SAT test has been cancelled and students will receive a refund. For more information from the College Board about SAT cancellation check out this link: https://www.
collegeboard.org/releases/ 2020/college-board-cancels- may-sat-response-coronavirus? excmpid=SM48-ED-CB-tw
- NEW - SAT Prep Tool - For those of you still waiting to take the SAT you should check this link out https://collegereadiness.
Spring Sports - The MIAA has pushed back the start of spring sports to May 4th. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Transcripts – Any Senior in need of transcripts please contact your respective Guidance Counselor directly.
VHS - **NOTE: This pertains to only those students currently enrolled in Virtual High School**
We recently received word that VHS still expects students who are not sick and who do have internet access to complete their assignments. Here are some highlights from the latest updates we've received from VHS:
- students are exempted from discussion assignments
- all students get a 2 week grace period to pass in assignments
- group work will be modified by your VHS teacher
- so far VHS term grade deadlines have not changed
**If you have any questions or concerns please contact Mrs. Markland at email@example.com directly as she is ready and willing to help you if needed.
Virtual College Tours for Juniors - While college campuses are by and large not providing tours this spring, your Guidance Counselors found some websites with some great virtual / video tours. Check them out, and continue to work on narrowing down your choices. Also, keep in touch with your counselors!
Work/Study & Internship - All work/study and internship students have received an important email from Mrs. Shafiroff. Please be sure to read it and respond to her at firstname.lastname@example.org